Zero Waste Floor Cleaner
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice (approximately 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 5-10 drops of citrus essential oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 gallon of hot water
Related: 10 Zero Waste Bathroom Swaps
- Heat up some hot water over the stove, then pour it into a heat-resistant bowl or cup. I used a ceramic mug. For a bigger batch, pour it directly into a stainless steel bucket.
- While your water is heating, you can utilize the time to squeeze some fresh lemon juice. Half a lemon should get you about 3 teaspoons of lemon juice (if making a smaller batch). Add it to the hot water when it’s ready, making sure no pulp or seeds get inside. You can add the essential oils now, if you’re using any.
- Then, add the olive oil. Stir until well combined – it’s okay if the olive oil doesn’t evenly spread into the solution completely. It’s now ready for use.
Cleaning with zero waste floor cleaner
- Water and vinegar – 1 gallon of warm water, 1/2 cup white vinegar.
- Water, vinegar and essential oils – 1 gallon of warm water, 1/2 cup white vinegar, essential oils of choice.
- Vinegar and vegetable oil – 2 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- Castile soap, water and essential oils – 1/2 cup of castile soap, 3 cups warm water, essential oils of your choice.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to share it! If you like my content, sign up for my newsletter to get notified every time I write a new blog post. To support me even further, please consider buying me a cup of tea to help support my blog.