- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (I bought mine in a glass jar from the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (I got mine in a aluminum tin and transferred the leftover cocoa to a glass jar, then recycled the tin)
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (came in a glass jar – bought from my local farmers market)
- Make sure the coconut oil is melted (not solid) before you begin. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together. Stir for a few minutes to remove any lumps of cocoa.
- Spoon the chocolate into the molds of your choice. I used cute silicone molds I’ve had for a long time (got them off Amazon – they’re shaped like flowers and hearts!) but you can use anything.
- Freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until completely solid. Pop them out of the molds, then transfer over to a glass jar. You can gift them (these make adorable Valentine’s Day gifts by the way), or just eat them yourself. Who says you gotta share?
That’s it! These no bake vegan chocolate bites are absolutely delicious. You’ll fall in love with them just because they’re ridiculously simple to make too. Also, feel free to get creative with this recipe and switch it up a bit – try adding some crushed nuts (almonds/walnuts work well) or fruit to the mix. The choice is really up to you.
I recommend keeping these chocolate bites in the fridge at all times. I put them in an empty glass jar. If you want to gift them to someone, feel free to put them in a jar and decorate it however you like. Or, put the chocolates in an empty little gift box.
Would you give this zero waste recipe a try? Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see me make and share on future blog posts!