This is my go-to breakfast when the weather starts warming up. It’s so simple, light, and tasty. It literally takes five minutes to make and is so rewarding. If you’re looking for a light, healthy alternative to your bacon-egg-and-cheese, you’ve found it!
You will need:
- A cup/container of some sort
- Strawberries (I use 5)
- Honey (I use 2 scoops)
- An assortment of nuts and dried fruit (I use pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries and cherries)
- A spoon
- Take the strawberries and wash them off good (I recommend buying organic for these. Have you seen EWG’s Dirty Dozen?). Simply put them in a bowl, fill it up with water, then dump out the water. Repeat twice.
- Pick off the leafy ends of the strawberries, then cut the strawberries up into pieces. Place the pieces in the cup.
- Grab a handful of your mix of nuts and dried fruits and place it in the cup as well.
Note: To simplify this step even further, just buy your favorite trail mix so you don’t have to buy the nuts and dried fruit separately.
- Add two scoops of honey to your mixture. Tada! Your breakfast is ready.